I had this chicken recently at a friend’s shower and it was so delicious I asked for the recipe. The best news is…it’s healthy!!
- 1 cup pistachios (or pecans), shelled and finely ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (or equivalent amount of tenders)
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil (or enough to thinly coat the bottom of your fry pan)
Preheat the oven to 375.
1. Mix the ground nuts, salt, and pepper together in baking dish.
2. Press and roll the chicken into the nut mixture until each piece is coated evenly on all sides. Make sure the chicken is patted dry before rolling in the nut mixture or it will not stick well.
3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet until the oil is hot. Carefully place the coated breasts into the pan which will sear the nuts to one side, about 2 minutes depending on the thickness. Carefully flip after 2 minutes – I use tongs to do this – and cook the other coated side, 2 minutes approximately. The nuts should be stuck on the outside making a crust.
4. Gently place the breasts back into the baking dish (it’s ok if there is a little extra nut mixture still in the pan) and pour any leftover nuts and oil from the skillet over the breasts. Bake until the juices run clear, about 15 minutes.